EFFECTIVE DATE: April 14, 2023
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Shape Therapeutics Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
The Personal Information We Collect About You
We collect personal information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Personal Information We Collect Directly From You. The personal information we collect from you depends on how you use our Site and Services. If you wish to contact us, we collect your name and email address as well as any additional information you provide related to your request.
Personal Information We Collect From Other Entities. If you applied to be employed at Shape Therapeutics, we collect your application information using Greenhouse, a hiring service provider. This application information would include your name, email address, phone number, employment history, any additional information listed on your resume, and any other information included in the application.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, and for other research and analytical purposes, such as to evaluate and improve our services and business operations, to develop services and features, and for internal quality control and training purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
- Where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violation of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose the personal information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the personal information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- We also disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the personal information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third-party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your personal information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your personal information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
Security Of My Personal Information
We have implemented organizational, technical, and administrative precautions that are intended to protect the personal information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
There are also certain steps you can take to better protect against unauthorized access to your personal information. For example, you should not include sensitive personal information in your message or request to us. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Our Services are not designed for children. If we discover that a child has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
Changes To This Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at: